Visa on arrival
Citizens of the following countries do not require visa arrangements in advance to enter the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. They can obtain a 30-days tourism or visit visa on arrival.
(All EU members countries, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, USA, Vatican, Iceland, Japan, Brazil, , Lebanon, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Turkey, Iran).
The holders of the UK travel documents also do not require visa in advance to enter Kurdistan Region of Iraq. They can obtain a 30-days tourism or visit visa on arrival.
The citizens of all other countries which are not mentioned above (Passport or travel document holders) must apply for the electronic visa via our office prior to their travel to The Kurdistan Region.
- The visit visa is extendable and can be converted to a work visa. The total validity would be 45 days from the date of the entry. This extension can be applied twice, not more than 90 days in total.
- Visitors must ensure that the time remaining until their passport’s expiration date is not less than 6 months.
Type of entry permit
The entry permit you need depends on the purpose of your visit. It could be for:
- Family Reunion
- Colour copy of the passport or the travel document
- A personal photograph, passport size
- Please fill in this form
- The name and address of the hotel you will stay in the Kurdistan Region
- The name, telephone number, address and the email address of the person you will stay with in the Kurdistan Region
- Application fee (£60)
Please post your documents to the below address of the KRG UK Representation:
KRG UK Representation, 2 Hobart Place, Belgravia, London SW1H 0RH
For more information, please contact us on 02039279780 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We will email you the electronic visa and you must print it and take it with you when you travel to Kurdistan Region in order to hand it to the immigration officers.